Bertha Ann Sharp
- Born: 8 Dec 1879, Rockingham Co, NC
- Marriage: Joseph Osphan Thompson circa 1904 in Rockingham Co., N.C.
- Died: 7 Mar 1976, Burlington, Alamance Co., N.C. at age 96
1. Josephine Eliza THOMPSON, b. 31 Aug 1906, Alamance Co, NC
2. Melvin Sharp THOMPSON, b. 24 Jan 1913, Efland, Orange Co, NC - d. 7 Feb 1942, Burlington, Alamance Co, NC
3. James Franklin THOMPSON, b. 22 Feb 1917, Efland, Orange Co, NC - d. 27 Sep 1957, Kinston, Lenoir Co, NC
See general notes on her husband for 1910, 1920, and 1930 census facts.
The 1940 Federal Census for Cheeks Township, Orange Co., North Carolina, District 68-14, page 198A, dated April 16, 1940 records the widow Bertha Thompson (60 - NC) as head of household. Also in the home is her married daughter and family: Josephine Wilson (33) and her husband Ollie D. Wilson (36 - NC) and their children David (12), Donald (10), and Edna C. (6). Ollie is a Barber with his own shop and earned $830 working 52 weeks during the last year. Bertha owns her home valued at $2,000.
See medical notes for death record.
North Carolina Death Index reocrds:
Name: Bertha Sharp Thompson
Marital Status: Widowed
Date of Birth: 8 Dec 1879
Residence City: Burlington
Residence County: Alamance
Date of Death: 7 Mar 1976
Death City: Burlington
Death County: Alamance
Death State: North Carolina
Institution: General Hospital
Burial Location: Burial in state
Source Vendor: NC Department of Health. North Carolina Deaths, 1976-77
Bertha married Joseph Osphan Thompson circa 1904 in Rockingham Co., N.C. (Joseph Osphan Thompson was born on 16 Nov 1877 in Orange Co., North Carolina, died on 10 Apr 1936 in Cheeks Township, Orange Co., North Carolina and was buried on 12 Apr 1936 in Efland United Methodist Church Cemetery, Efland, Orange Co., NC.) The cause of his death was Cerebral Hemorrhage.